Monday, June 27, 2016

How I Meal Plan with THM

I am not one for calculated planning.  I'm more of a spur-of-the-moment kind of gal (which drives Hubby nuts).  My meal planning is mostly thinking of 6-7 meals I want to make that week and making a list of all of the ingredients I need.  Seriously.  The most magical part of all of this is that IT WORKS FOR US!!!  It really does!  So, let me break it down for you...


To start, I look through my Trim Healthy Mama cookbook for recipes I want to make.  Some weeks are exactly the same as the previous ones.  (hey, when you find recipes that everyone loves why change?)  I then make a list of 6-7 meals I want to make that week.  It looks something like this:

Chicken Alfredo

Spaghetti & Meatballs

Eggroll in a Bowl

Homemade Pizza

Coconut Thai Chicken

Taco Salad

Cabb & Saus Skillet

I then look at each recipe and make a list of every ingredient I need to buy.  I usually have the staples such as spices, baking blend, Dreamfields pasta (yes, I am aware of the lawsuit), canned tomatoes, etc., so it's mainly things like meat, cheese, fresh veggies, and such.  Mondays are my grocery shopping days.  Once I have my groceries, the fun part begins...

...Because I don't actually PLAN my meals!!  I wake up that morning and decide then what dinner we are having.  Now, don't panic...because there is a method to my "madness."  I usually choose the meals with the fresh veggies first.  Depending on if I am working out at the Y that day, I will usually do a crockpot meal, which has to be in the pot by 1:00pm.

It works for us, it just does!  Before I started this method, (which was before THM) I sometimes would fall behind on my meals if something came up and I didn't have time, or something would spoil before I made the dish because I would forget to plan out the meals according to food spoilage dates.


Trim Healthy Mama was instrumental in helping me develop my dinner schedule!!  I know it's going to be a THM meal, and with THM we use a ton of fresh ingredients.  I never have spoiled veggies in my fridge, spoiled dairy, or spoiled leftovers!!  My favorite part of the THM recipes is that it is made for large families!  I don't have to double the recipes for ingredients...it's already done for me.

*I would love to hear some tips on menu planning from you lovely ladies!  Please share in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment