Friday, June 3, 2016

3 Tips for Fitting Exercise into Your Busy Life

I'm very blessed with a husband who actually WANTS and encourages me to work out.  Mostly to help me train for my Dirty Girl and Tough Mudder runs in August and October.  He watches the kids for me so I can go for my runs or go to the Y to do my R.I.P.P.E.D. classes.  How do I fit exercising into my busy schedule?

 
1.  Make the Time

I make the time to work out.  I know as soon as I wake up that I will, at some point, be working out that day.  I then chose which type of exercise I want to do that day and then work my schedule to make it happen.  Tuesdays and Thursdays are R.I.P.P.E.D. days (5:15-6:05 pm)  If my husband is working second shift, I go to my classes on Monday and Wednesday at 8:00am.  Every other day (Mon., Wed., & Fri.) I go on a run. 



2.  Find a Partner

I have an amazing workout friend!  She motivates me to challenge myself in ways I didn't know I could.  "D" is the one who introduced me to Zumba, then PiYo, then R.I.P.P.E.D.  Working out is so much better when you do it with a friend!  When you have someone to talk to, laugh with, and rib; it just puts you in a great mood. 



3.  Find Exercises that You Want to do

I encourage you to find exercises that you like.  I have no desire to be a body builder, so I don't lift weights.  It just doesn't appeal to me.  But, I really LOVE kickboxing!!   I like mat work like PiYo.  I LOVE dancing, so I do Zumba and Just Dance with my kids.  Now, I'm not saying you shouldn't try new things, but if you try something and find that you just don't like it, don't do it.  You should AT LEAST give things a little bit of time before stopping.


I do encourage anyone who isn't working out to start.  It feels great, and as I tell myself whenever I don't feel like it, No one has ever regretted working out.  Your body might feel sore, but it is really worth it.  

I cannot wait to do my Dirty Girl run in August!!  I wish I had someone to do it with, but my workout bestie can't do it.  I am SO glad I can do Tough Mudder with my husband in October.  It should be fun...should be.  

*For more information on PiYo and R.I.P.P.E.D. please visit their websites here:  RIPPED and PiYo 

No comments:

Post a Comment