Saturday, June 4, 2016

10 Things You Didn't know about Me

Hey there!  I thought I'd do a fun post today.  I'm going to share with you 10 things you might not have guessed about me.  Some of these may surprise you, some are funny.  Enjoy!

1.  I was 17 when I got married.

I'm serious.  I met my husband in '07 when I was 16.  We courted for 3 weeks before he proposed.  We were married 2 months later.


2.  I have 3 biological siblings who are all deceased.

My mother lost her first child at 2 months gestation when she was 15.  She had me 2 years later.  A year after that she had my brother and sister, Brian and Sierra.  They were only 5 months along and they died 4 days after their birth. 


3.  After school I was going to major in nursing (obstetrics) while minoring in forensic science and  performing arts.

I wanted to be an OB nurse so I could then become a midwife.  I also loved forensic science.  Since I was a violinist and a drama queen, Performing Arts just seemed a natural choice. 


4.  I hate seafood.

Yes, I cannot stand seafood.  Any kind.  I have tried lobster, which is tolerable.  My in-laws would probably disown me if I wasn't married to their son.

5.  I love horses.

Horses are the most beautiful creatures on this earth.  My oldest daughter has inherited my love for equines.  My favorite breed is Fresians, and favorite color is Black.


6.  Bram wasn't the only guy to want to marry me.

When I was 14, a young man at our church approached my parents and asked them permission to be my friend, with the intention of the friendship blossoming into something more later on.  They tentatively agreed, but shut it down once it became apparent he wanted to move it along much faster than anticipated.


7.  My uncle invented the Cheesehead. (if you're not from Wisconsin, you might not know what that is) 

Have you seen the Packers fans sporting slices of cheese on their heads??  Yeah, my Uncle invented them!!  His company is called Foamation.  


8.  I was an advanced violin player before I married.

I took 5 years of violin lessons.  I was pretty good.  I had memorized and perfected a 7-page song for a concert.  I practiced 3 hours a day.  I loved it!  But having kids will sort of put music on the back burner, but I occasionally pull it out and play.    


9.  I am a bookworm.

I love books!  I can read a 400 page book in an hour if I am not interrupted.  My favorite genre is Christian romance, and I also love a good mystery.  



10.  I love food. 

Seriously.  I just love food.  I love eating.  I love tasting all the yummy goodness and yummy flavor combinations.  I'm happy when I eat.  But, I don't eat tons of food every day.  I'd be a whale if I did that.  I just like that I can take food, put it together with other food and make something so delicious, so tasty, that everyone enjoys it.  It's fun.


So, there you have it!  What about you?  What are some interesting facts about you?  Please, feel free to share them in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment