Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Trim Healthy Mama for "Drive Thru Sues"

I fully admit that I am a Drive Thru Sue...the girl that is out and about and wants to be able to pick up something yummy to eat!   I have compiled a list of Fast Food places that have on-plan foods you can pick up while running errands.  Now, I live in the beautiful state of Wisconsin, so the fast food places I have up here may not be where you live.  I will do another post of places elsewhere soon.

1.  Hardees (Carl's Jr.)

They have a Low Carb It option for all of their burgers!  My personal favorite is the All Natural Burger.

2.  Qdoba

Their Burritos can be purchased "naked," or a burrito bowl.  Order the chicken with brown rice, black beans, lettuce, and salsa for a delicious, on the go E meal!

3.  Subway

You can order any sub as a salad.  Just ask for oil and vinaigrette or bring your own, on plan dressing.  They also have Vitamin Water zero for drinks.

4.  Culver's

I love their Garden Fresco salad with grilled chicken!!  So good! I usually get their Sesame Ginger dressing, or use my own.  (Ingredients are listed as ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil.)


5.  Jimmy Johns

They offer the "Unwich," which is any sandwich wrapped in lettuce leaves.

6.  Five Guys Burgers and Fries

They offer their burgers wrapped in lettuce leaves.

7.  Starbucks

Yes, you can stay on plan at Starbucks!!  I order a Breve Latte.  It's coffee with Half n Half added.  I always have Pyure packets in my purse to sweeten it myself.  You can also get a coffee with cream.   They also offer Moon Cheese puffed cheese snacks, which are on plan.  Their Classic, Whole Grain Oatmeal is also on plan, just don't add the optional brown sugar topping.

8. Wendy's

Wendy's will give you a lettuce wrapped burger.

9.  Burger King

Burger King also has a low carb burger option.

10.  McDonalds

You can order a coffee with sugar-free vanilla syrup. Their salad is on plan if you take off the tortilla chips, and corn (if you want an S).  Use your own dressing.


Do you have any more suggestions?  If you have different fast foods around where you live?  Please comment below, and I will put them into another post! 

1 comment: