Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Living with PCOS

After doing extensive research (including reading 7 books on women's hormones and 3 books specifically on PCOS), I have decided to start using natural supplements as well as stick to a PCOS-friendly diet and exercise program.

I have been put on Metformin ER, but the side effects are just brutal.  Nausea, Upset stomach, Bloating, Gas, Diarrhea,...I mean...it's terrible.  Why live like this when there is a natural alternative called Inositol?  I found a compounding pharmacy online that makes a supplement powder called "Ovasitol" which is a dosage of both D-chiro-inositol and Myo-inositol.  You need a 40:1 ratio of D-chiro-inositol to Myo-inositol;  and Theralogix has measured it all out for you!  You just dissolve one packet in water or other beverage once in the morning, and once at night.


I also am taking these different vitamins and supplements:

Women's daily vitamin gummies

Taking a daily vitamin makes sure you are getting all of the basic vitamins and minerals needed for a healthy body.  I use Alive! Women's.  It has a small amount of inositol. 

Fish Oil gummies

Studies have shown a great decrease in cholesterol numbers when taking a fish oil...mainly Omega 3.  I take NatureMade fish oil gummies.  (no matter how much flavor & sugar you use, it still tastes like fish oil.)    It can also help insulin resistance to disappear, lowers high triglycerides, manages testosterone, and aid in weight loss.  (looking back now, I think I'll just stick to the capsules.  I don't need added sugar in my diet.)

CoQ10 gummies

This is an antioxidant that supports healthy energy and metabolism;  both of which are greatly hindered when you have PCOS.  I use VitaFusions CoQ10 gummies. (In the future, I will stick to capsules to eliminate sugar and sugar substitutes.)

Evening Primrose Oil

Studies have shown that taking Evening Primrose Oil can greatly reduce the bad period symptoms often experienced with PCOS.   I use Up & Up (Target brand).

Biotin

This little supplement helps in decreasing insulin resistance, reversing hair loss, lowers cholesterol and triglycerides, as well as a number of other benefits.  I use Up & Up brand.

B-Complex

B-vitamins are helpful in so many ways!  Some help with metabolism, other help with energy, and still others aid in glucose tolerance factor.   I use Up & Up brand.

Cinnamon

Cinnamon is a natural anti-inflammatory.  It is helpful in weight loss.   I use a local natural food store's brand.

Chromium Picolinate

This supplement helps keep blood sugar levels stable.   I use my local natural food store's brand.

Calcium & Vitamin D

I found a vitamin that is a combination of Calcium and Vitamin D3 at Target, so I'm taking that as well.  I got the Target brand of bottle.  It contains 500 tablets.



I have found some amazing websites for women suffering from PCOS.  Here are a few, PCOS Diva, Hello PCOS, and PCOS Diet Support. These ladies all suffer with PCOS, and have done extensive research themselves.  You can get PCOS specific suppliments and such from PCOS Diva.  You can sign up to get a monthly subscription box filled with goodies, samples, and tips for those with PCOS from the Hello PCOS website.

The books I have on PCOS are A Patient's Guide to PCOS, The PCOS Diet Plan, and 8 Steps to Reverse Your PCOS. They are so detailed and explain the condition in great detail, as well as provide meal plans, recipes, and ideas to help treat your PCOS.   

2 comments:

  1. PCOS problem is one of the serious problems that lead to the irregular menstrual problems, diabetes, and infertility and even can grown hair on your face. You must get the best PCOS treatment in India before it become very much serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a sign of gratitude for how my wife was saved from PCOS, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My wife suffered pcos in the year 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because she was my all and the symptoms were terrible, she always complain of heavy menstruation, and she always have difficulty falling asleep . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure her. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and they left the contact of this doctor who have the cure to pcos . I never imagined polycystic ovary syndrome. has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my wife will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my wife used it and in one months time she was fully okay even up till this moment she is so full of life. polycystic ovary syndrome. has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks admin for such an informative blog.

    ReplyDelete