Monday, December 26, 2016

My Favorite Time of the Year

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!  It is my absolute FAVORITE time of the year!  I love the music, the smells, the atmosphere, the decorations...just everything!  Christmas with kids is even more amazing. I love to see the joy and wonder on their little faces.  My kids sing Christmas songs all day, and they love the little Christmas countdown tree we have.  Every day they add an ornament to the countdown tree until, on Christmas day, they put the star on top.


We celebrate by going to my in-laws house Christmas day.  My mother-in-law gathers the grandchildren around (there are 9, with 1 more on the way!) and read them the Christmas story.  Then we all open presents.  The kids all play with their new toys while the men usually talk and the women get food ready, or snacks out.  We always have Lasagna and Chocolate Christmas Roll with a few side dishes.  (this year my MIL made a fantastic snack of cheese-stuffed jalapeño peppers wrapped in bacon...YUM!) It's a fun-filled day of family and fun! 

This year, I found 12 Christmas-related books and DVDs and wrapped them.  For the 12 days before Christmas, each kids unwrapped one present each night.  They then watched the movie or I read them the book.  It was so much fun I'll probably do it again next year! 

What are some fun Christmas traditions in your family?  Please share in the comments below!



No comments:

Post a Comment